A latte is a coffee drink made with espresso and steamed milk and is one of the most popular of the milk-based espresso drinks.
This recipe is intended for those that don’t have an espresso machine but would still like to make and enjoy the drink at home.
- 3/4 cup hot (strong) coffee
- 1/4 cup hot milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Flavoring
- 1 tablespoon caramel flavored sundae syrup
- 1 teaspoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream (optional)
- Combine coffee, milk and vanilla in a large mug and stir until coffee is dissolved.
- Stir in caramel syrup and brown sugar.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.
Although not a pure cafe latte in the traditional sense, it still provides a similar experience to those that don’t have an espresso machine at home.
I hope you found this recipe useful. Have you tried making a cafe latte at home or do you prefer to buy a latte from a coffee shop? I would love to hear your thoughts and comments below.