A friend of mine asked me recently how she can make iced coffee. I wasn’t all that surprised by the question considering how popular this drink is. I remember reading an article where the owner of a coffee shop said that 75% of his sales are hot coffee or beverages and 25% of his sales are iced coffee. However when the temperature gets hot, the numbers almost flip with 65% of his sales being iced coffee and 35% being hot coffee.
Wikipedia defines iced coffee as cold coffee with ice. Iced coffee can be brewed using different techniques but the main two methods to brew iced coffee are:
- Cold brew: In this method the coffee is brewed cold (sometimes requiring it to be steeped for 12 hours or more) giving it a sweet flavour. The coffee doesn’t need to be cooled using this brewing technique.
- Brewing hot: In this method you brew your coffee as you normally would using an automatic drip machine or french press and then pouring the brew over ice or into cold milk.
In this post, I’m going to look into the second way of making iced coffee – how to make iced coffee with a Keurig machine.
You Won’t Believe How Easy it is to Brew Iced Coffee With a Keurig Machine
We all have to agree that brewing coffee using a Keurig machine is the most simplest way that you can brew a cup of coffee. The coffee is already pre-ground, all that is really required is that you place the KCup into the holder, close the lid and press the brew button. Most Keurig machines can brew a cup of coffee in less than a minute.
The good news is that making iced coffee using your Keurig machine is just as easy.
- Fill a large cup with ice. Be sure to not use a glass cup.
- Select your favourite KCup blend.
- Choose the lowest water setting on the Keurig brewer. This will either be 4 oz or 6 oz on most Keurig machines.
- Brew the coffee into the cup that is filled with ice.
It’s as simple as that. You can add milk or cream, sugar and flavouring to the brew suited to your preferences.
Do you enjoy iced coffee? Have you tried to make ice-coffee at home? I would love to hear your thoughts and comments below.