Product: Keurig 2.0 Brewer, K200
Where to buy: Amazon.com
Weight of Product: 7.5 lbs
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Keurig K200 Coffee Maker Overview
The Keurig K200 is one of the Keurig 2.0 coffee makers. The K200 Brewer allows you to brew more with over 500 varieties of coffee from 60 plus brands. You can make both K-Cup Packs and K-Carafe with the convenience and quality you expect from a Keurig brewer.
Great for the Early Morning Rush
If you’re like me, you probably have limited time in the morning when you’re getting ready for work or school. My morning routine consists of getting my daughter ready for school, preparing both of our lunches and making it out the door just in enough time to get her to class. Although I like brewing French Press coffee, I simply don’t have the time to grind the beans, wait for the water to boil and let the coffee steep for 4 minutes. Not to mention the cleanup. The K200 has saved me on numerous occasions allowing me to brew a good cup of coffee in less than a minute.
The Cost Savings are Incredible
For a guy like me who drinks 3-4 cups of coffee in a day, the K200 saves me money in the long run. How? I usually buy my K-Cups from Costco which works out to an average of 50 cents per K-Cup. If I go to the local Tim Horton’s I would pay $1.56 for a small cup of coffee. If I buy four cups, that works out to be $6.24 per day. 4 K-Cups cost me $2.00 so that’s a savings of $4.24 per day which works out to be $1,547.60 per year. This machine more than pays for itself over the course of a year!
- Brews a cup with K-Cup pods. You can choose to brew a cup size of between 4 to 10 oz.
- Brews a mug with K-Mug pods. You can choose to brew mug sizes between 12 to 16 oz.
- Brews a carafe with K-Carafe pods between 22 to 30 oz.
- Has water reservoir of 40 oz or 1.18 litres.
- Box includes: k200 brewer, water filter handle + 1 filter
What I liked
- Brews a very hot cup of coffee
- Has the option to brew coffee at regular strength or a strong cup of coffee
- Has a slim, sleek and compact design. Takes up little space in my kitchen
- Next to no clean up.
- Brews a good cup of coffee in less than a minute.
- Brew your favorite ground coffee with the My K-Cup 2.0 Reusable coffee filter (not included)
What I didn’t like
- The new 2.0 is programmed to work with official K-Cup pods. This means that if you had a favorite selection from a company that doesn’t make official K-Cups your over selection has decreased. You can compensate for this by using the My K-Cup 2.0 Reusable coffee filter which allows you to brew your favourite brand of ground coffee.
Having used this product on a daily basis for over 2 months, I would recommend the Keurig K200. This system makes brewing coffee relatively easy in such little time and with next to no clean up. This system is compact and takes up very little room in my kitchen. This is a great coffee maker and it’s hard not to notice the money I’m saving by brewing coffee more at home instead of buying it at the coffee shop.
Do you have any experience using the Keurig K200? Perhaps you would like to offer your own personal review? I would love to hear your comments.